Feta and watermelon salad
Its warm and the last thing you feel like doing is putting on the oven and cooking!!! I had this for dinner last night and it was superb - light and refreshing and so quick to make. Use half the watermelon for the salad and the next morning have the other half for breakfast with some natural yogurt and toasted nuts and seeds.
- Half a medium sized watermelon - chopped into chunks
- 100 grams of feta - flaked into bite sized pieces
- 1 small red onion
- Juice of a lime
- 50 grams of pumpkin seeds
- A good handful of mint - destalked
- A dash of extra virgin olive oil
- Freshly cracked pepper
- Slice the onion into rings, place in a bowl and pour lime juice over the them. Let sit while you are preparing everything else (about 10 mins).
- Toast the pumpkin seeds over a medium in a dry pan for about 5 mins - I generally take them off the heat once I hear one or two pop!
- Place the watermelon, feta, the pumpkin seeds, marinated onion and tear the mint leaves over them. Gently mix them all and then just add a dash of olive oil and the freshly cracked pepper. Mix lightly again and serve with some toasted wholemeal pitta breads.
- Wheat free, gluten free, sugar free