Healthy Breakfasts – Polenta porridge
Why polenta porridge? I came down to breakfast today, only to realise I'd run out of oats! But wanting a nice bowl of piping hot winter grains, I searched the cupboards for some options.
I found a box of polenta and thought about turning it into some porridge. I created the tastiest breakfast of a polenta porridge and topped it with some fibre rich stewed apple and some toasted nuts and seeds.
- 1/2 cup of ground polenta
- 2 cups of water
- 1 pinch of salt
- A dash of cinnamon and vanilla extract
- Place the 2 cups of water in a saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Add the salt and slowly whisk in the polenta.
- Lower the heat and simmer the mixture for 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in the vanilla and cinnamon.
- Serve immediately and top with your favourite porridge topping.
- Gluten free, wheat free, added sugar free, dairy free
Gluten free, wheat free, dairy free, sugar free