This is a sugar free cranberry sauce which is very tasty and fits with your Christmas healthy eating plan. The root ginger is a great way of boosting your immune system over Christmas, the orange zest will provide your liver with some added support and the cinnamon will provide you will some lovely antioxidant support.
Don't forget the cranberries are also packed full of antioxidants to protect the body from the Christmas excesses - even more reason to make a cranberry sauce!
- 250 ml fresh orange juice
- 1 tsp minced root ginger
- 1 tsp minced orange zest
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 340 g fresh or frozen cranberries
- 100 g crushed pineapple
- 50 ml honey
- Bring orange juice, ginger, zest and cinnamon to boil on a high heat.
- Rinse cranberries if fresh and add to liquid once boiling.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook uncovered for about 10 mins.
- Add crushed pineapple (you can crush with a fork Or place in a food processor depending on the ripeness) and honey and remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Check the taste. I like this sauce to be quite tart but if you want to sweeten a little, add a bit more honey.
- Wheat free, gluten free, dairy free