Avocado, Orange and Chicken Salad
Its not very often I crave salad in the winter, I tend to be attracted to warmer foods. Yet, on this day, I saw a range of ingredients in my kitchen and just started putting them together - I loved the result!
Do you notice that you crave certain foods at certain times of the year? Or crave certain foods when you find yourself in different circumstances?
One of the key ideas around food and health that I have been playing with lately is awareness. Simply slowing down and starting to become aware of what my body is wanting or challenging my body a little when it starts asking for foods that I'm not sure I really want.
Its a fun game, try it out and see if you start finding different answers to what you thought!
- 1 ripe avocado (slightly soft to touch) - diced
- 2 handfuls of baby spinach - washed
- 1 orange- segmented and chopped roughly into pieces
- 1 small chicken breast - sliced
- Juice from 1-2 orange segments
- Juice of 1/4 lemon
- 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- A pinch of paprika
- Salt and pepper
- Life long health begins with one recipe yet can continue with support and guidance. Click HERE for more
- Combine all the ingredients in a big bowl and mix well.
- I had this with a slice of bread but you could easily have a 1/2 cup of leftover rice, quinoa or wholegrain pasta.
- Wheat free, gluten free, dairy free, sugar free